|XP per kill||22,150 (and 7,309.5 experience)|
|Always drops|| Ancient dragon bones|
|Examine text||Grown from a Crystal seed by the best elven songstress.|
|Expected profit per kill|
|Slayer XP||5,000 (6,100 experience with Dragon slayer gloves (e))|
The Crystal dragon is one of the strongest dragons in RuneScape. It can drop all Crystal weapons, which each require level 70+ in a certain skill. You need an Agility level of 50 and a slayer level of 95 to be able to hurt this monster. You also need to have done the Plague's End quest to kill it.
This monster has extremely high defense, but you will find that you're able to hit it more often with a higher agility level. It has a long range "Crystalbreath" attack. This attack has been known to hit as high as 4600, 2000 with a dragonfire shield (an antifire shield will not work) or a super antifire potion, only 500 damage with a supreme dragonfire shield (using a super antifire along with the shield will not further reduce the damage). However, a crystal (normal or attuned) shield, ward or deflector will completely block the attack.
It can attack with either melee or ranged, melee being stronger, so it would be advised to attack the dragon from a distance. On the bright side, the dragons accuracy isn't too high and its damage is not much when compared to the Barrows dragon. The dragon has no weakness, but it is advised not to melee it, as its defence against melee attacks is extremely high.
A good tactic is to use the protect from range prayer and the Bloodfire barrage spell to heal yourself. The dragon can however teleport right next to the player, and then stun the player, meaning that the player will have to tank the dragons melee attacks for a few seconds, but unsurprisingly, using the teleblock spell stop the dragon from teleporting for a few seconds, making it much easier to kill the dragon.
This dragon is sometimes set as a slayer assignment, giving 5000 Slayer exp, but you only have to kill one each task.
The Crystal dragon (along with the Barrows dragon) has an very rare chance of dropping the Supreme draconic visage, and it is also known do drop Elemental runes (These are still not tradeable). The drop rate for a normal Draconic Visage however is high, compared to other, lower leveled, dragons.
Currently, the only locations where it can be found are in the Slayerdungeon of Prifddinas, the The Forgotten Cavern and in Radiver's Dungeon. The Slayer dungeons are still a better way to slay them, as the dungeon is individual for each player and only the Dragons in the Slayer dungeon may drop the Crown of Seren and the Amulet of Seren and have a higher chance for any other rare drop. But however, in the slayer dungeons, there is no guarantee that the player will encounter the crystal dragon.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Ancient dragon bones 1 Always Not sold Crystal weapon seed 1 Always 13,908 Crystal horn 1 Always Not sold Harmonic dust 160–200 Always Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune halberd 1 Common 76,042 Rune 2h sword 1 Common 37,740 Rune warhammer 1 Common 24,271 Rune battleaxe 1 Common 24,279 Dragon 2h sword 1 Uncommon 133,241 Dragon warhammer 1 Uncommon 156,484 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 124,681 Dragon claw 1 Uncommon 212,784 Off-hand dragon claw 1 Uncommon 848,254 Dragon hatchet 1 Rare 4,472,889 Dragon pickaxe 1 Rare 15,902,684 Shaman battlestaff 1 Very rare 3,000,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune platebody 1 Common 38,265 Rune platelegs 1 Common 37,593 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,739 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 162,403 Dragon sq shield 1 Uncommon 338,121 Dragon platebody 1 Rare 1,790,999 Dragon full helm 1 Rare 6,235,268 Dragon slayer gloves (e) 1 Rare Not sold Crown of Seren 1 Very rare 500,000,000 Amulet of Seren 1 Very rare 500,000,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Crystal armour seed 1 Uncommon 1,723 Crystal tool seed 1 Uncommon 20,474 Crystal weapon seed 1 Uncommon 13,908 Crystal teleport seed 1 Uncommon Not sold Crystal dagger 1 Rare 98,020 Off-hand crystal dagger 1 Rare 105,734 Crystal halberd 1 Rare 81,523 Crystal chakram 1 Rare 106,248 Off-hand crystal chakram 1 Rare 106,800 Crystal bow 1 Rare 78,707 Crystal wand 1 Rare 84,132 Crystal orb 1 Rare 103,892 Crystal staff 1 Rare 93,475 Crystal shield 1 Rare 43,170 Crystal deflector 1 Rare 52,123 Crystal ward 1 Rare 55,605 Crystal defender 1 Rare Not sold Attuned crystal armour seed 1 Very rare Not sold Attuned crystal weapon seed 1 Very rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Elemental rune 500 Common Not sold Nature rune 160 Uncommon 45,600 Cosmic rune 160 Uncommon 31,040 Law rune 160 Uncommon 47,840 Blood rune 100 Uncommon 41,500 Death rune 100 Uncommon 31,100
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Oceanstone bolts (e) 60 Rare Not sold Dragon arrow 200 Uncommon 48,000 Rune arrow 500 Uncommon 74,500 Adamant arrow 1,000 Common 51,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Sirenic scale 1–2 Rare 387,169–774,338 Supreme draconic visage 1 Very rare 32,000,000 Draconic visage 1 Rare 1,290,684 Magic shieldbow 300 (noted) Uncommon 388,800 Magic logs 300 (noted) Uncommon 317,100 Yew logs 500 (noted) Uncommon 197,500 Magic stone 1 Rare 981,939 Rune bar 30 (noted) Rare 388,710 Adamant bar 70 (noted) Uncommon 290,850
Always 11 dropped at a time
- The Crystal dragon is known to drop dragon armour more often then dragon weapons, making it the counterpart of the Barrows dragon.
- Although the dragon takes very long to kill, because of its very high life points and defence, some players prefer to kill it than the barrows dragon, since killing the barrows dragons requires a lot more concentration but it can be killed much faster than a crystal dragon.
- At least five of these dragons must be slayed to wield the almighty Outcast sword. The player will get a message saying: "You hear a chime coming from the sword you picked up from the Outcast."
- As with all followers of Seren, this dragon will become passive if the player is wearing the Crown of Seren.
- The Crystal dragon used to drop the Crystal anchor but does not any more due to an update.
- People believed that the crystal dragon was to be the equivalent of the Barrows dragon until the barrows dragon was released.
- Within the barrows dragon release, a new wallpaper has been released too, showing the crystal and the barrows dragon fighting high in the sky. This is maybe a hint to a new quest, connecting the Isafdar with the Morytania Quest series.
- At its release, there has been a bug which caused the dragon not to teleport correctly. It was acting like a abyssal demon, which made it much easier to melee. This bug has been fixed just four hours later.
- The Crystal dragon is currently the first dragon not being a chromatic nor a metal dragon. Jagex states that it is a new sort of dragon. In fact, it is a Mineralic dragon.
- After the The Forgotten Cavern update, there was a bug that caused the dragon always to max hit. Instead of showing the max hit, it showed a part of the max hit damage variable in Java code which was hit.crystal_dragon.range all over the damage splash (sometimes there was fire or crush instead of the range). Upon taking this much damage, the victim would have all his stats to 0. Instead of dying, the player would have null/* HP (*is the player's HP level, It did not show a '0', it showed 'null'). She/He and was unable to regenerate. Engaging in combat with these stat and taking 0 damage could still kill you. This had since been one of the most dangerous bugs in RuneScape. It has been fixed about 3 and a half hours later. If you ate any food or other HP boosting things,while having 'null' HP you would have died too.
| Preceded by:|
Strongest dragon in RuneScape
| Succeeded by:|
|Room 1 - Light of Birth|
|Room 2 - Essence of the Earth|
|Room 3 - Fire of Fury|
|Room 4 - Hall of the Demons|
|Room 6 - Dark Room|
|Room 7 - Magic Bones|
|Room 8 - Symphonies of Metal and Fire|
|Room 9 - Final Room||
Crystal dragon • Barrows dragon
Frost dragon • Lava dragon (Two-headed • Three-headed) • Celestial dragon • Revenant dragon • Wyvern (Skeletal • Caved • Living Rock • Terra) • Anagami • Arhat • Spiked dragon (Hatchling • Baby) • Forged dragon • Draconic dragon • Inugtalik dragon • Inferno dragon • Abyssal dragon • Tormented dragon • Void dragon