|Also called||Camel Quest|
|Release date||N/A (Update)|
|Official length||Very Long|
Camel Calamity is a very long length Fifth/Sixth Age quest featuring Urluk, Akthanakos, and many more characters. During the quest the player have to encounter problems that are not just encountered by camels, but can become a treat to the humans that live within the Desert eventually! You won't be able to do all of this by yourself, therefore you will join forces with Urluk, "The Prophet" and an unlikely ally. This quest is being set as a "timeless" quest, meaning that it can both take place in 5th and 6th age, although canonically it takes place during the fifth age.
|Start point||Talk with Simon Templeton near the Agility Pyramid.|
|Description||The order of the Ugthanatos, the sacred camel warriors who live east of Sophanem are becoming increasingly aggressive, they abandoned their sacred duty to protect the camels within the desert and began using their magic for darker purposes. You must co-operate with Urluk, an exiled member of the order and find out what is causing their corruption and end it.|
|Items required||Items from the toolbelt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added. |
Either 101.000 Coins or:
|Enemies to defeat|
A Camel problemEditSimon Templeton near the Agility Pyramid to begin the quest.
- Player: Hello.
- Simon Templeton: G'day, mate, can you help me with something?
- Player: Well, that depends on what you need help with.
- Simon Templeton: Do you know the Camel Warriors?
- If you have killed less then 1 Camel Warriors.
- Player: No, not really...
- If you have killed 1 Camel Warrior or more.
- Player: Well, I once fought and even defeated a Camel Warrior.
- Simon Templeton: Well, since about a month ago, the Camel Warriors begin to attack people out of nowhere. And that is making my business harder. I am wondering maybe you can do something about that?
- Quest details screen appears
- Accept Quest
- Player: Alright, I can do my best to help, but what do you expect me to do, then?
- Simon Templeton: Well, I wouldn't recommend you to go to their island, since they will attack and likely kill you.
- Player: I do have a method to speak with camels, should I use it to speak with them?
- Simon Templeton: I don't think that's a good idea mate. Like I said, they attack out of nowhere without a reason, so that wouldn't be safe.
- Player: Hmmmm... I believe I've seen a Camel Warrior inside Menaphos. I believe-
- Simon Templeton: Menaphos? You can get into Menaphos?
- Player: Yes, but I think it still will take a while before the city fully opens itself, if ever. And as I was saying, I believe the Camel Warrior's name was Urluk. Maybe he can help?
- Simon Templeton: That might be worth trying. And if you find any treasure there, don't forget me, mate!
- Player: Sure, but I'll be on my way to Urluk then.
- Simon Templeton: Good luck, mate!
Choose the option: May I ask you something personal? (Camel Calamity)
- Urluk: Well, currently I think it feels kind of strange to talk with you about that.
- Player: What do you mean?
- Urluk: Well... I've been here for fifty human years and I haven't ever had a shower.
- Player: Yes, you told me before. And I do smell it too...
- Urluk: Animals don't take showers naturally... I believe. But can you make me some nice perfume?
- Player: Perfume? Maybe I can buy that somewhere in the city?
- Urluk: That might work too.
- Player: Well, based on your smell, you'll be needing lots of it... I see what I can do for you.
- Player: Hello, can you make me some special type of perfume?
- Lisah: Well of course, what are you looking for?
- Player: Well, it's not for me, but...
- Lisah: Really, you do not smell that great, to be honest.
- Player: Hey! If you were a adventurer you wouldn't smell great either!
- Lisah: Alright, who is it for?
- Player: It's for Urluk.
- Lisah: *Gasp* That disgusting camel-man-thing? Oh my... Um... I do not have enough ingredients to make enough perfume for such thing. Can you perhaps get me some ingredients I need?
- Player: Well sure, I guess. What do you need?
- Lisah: For Urluk... Hmmm... Let me think... First of all, since it's a camel, I need to design the perfume around a camel's natural smell: as such I need a bucket of compost, super compost and ugthanki dung, so I can get a right base scent.
- Player: That doesn't sound like a perfume to me.
- Lisah: That's because it's just the base scent: I'll need a lot of regular perfume ingredients to make the camel smell acceptable. Some bagged roses, two honeycombs, five lavenders and a lime should do. However...
- Player: However...?
- Lisah: Well, since Urluk's regular smell is so strong, regular perfume ingredients are just too mild to do the trick, so I need to cover it with other smells, as well. Strong-smelling spices should do the trick: some regular spices, gnomish spices, and a garlic should help cover the smell.
- Player: Is that all?
- Lisah: Almost, but not quite. Finally, I need a phoenix feather, to bind the ingredients together and to give the perfume just a hint of smoky smell. That, along with my own personal perfume will just be enough. Also, you need to pay me 1,000 coins for the actual work that goes to making the perfume.
- Player: That's a pretty extensive list of ingredients. It'll take me ages to gather all that up myself!
- Lisah: Well, if you are unable to bring me these ingredients yourself, I know somebody who can. The thug Septhys knows some of the city's black market traders, and can supply you with everything we need. Cutting a deal with him won't be cheap, though.
Collect all the ingredients or talk with Septhys. Septhys will ask you 100,000 coins in return for his services and you will need to wait one hour for him to arrange the ingredients. Return to Lisah with the ingredients.
- Lisah: Yes, that might work. It will take a while to make this many Super-Super Perfume. In the meantime, can you collect 28 vial packs for me?
- Player: Well sure... But that many? That's like 1,400 vials in total!
- Lisah: That's a very quick calculation, I am impressed. But yes, I may have ran out of vials and it doesn't hurt to have a few extra.
If you haven't got the Vial packs already, Obli's General Store is close to a lodestone and has a stock of 20 packs. The Lighthouse Store and the Moon Clan General Store also do have 20 packs but require quests to complete them, for more locations see here. Once you manage to collect the packs return to Lisah.
- Lisah: Ah thank you! I am nearly finished with the Super-Super Perfume, yet to put it into vials... I think buckets might work better.
- Player: Well sure... How many?
- Lisah: Twenty-eight. That's the last thing I ask to you, I promise.
- Player: Ok, then.
Collect the buckets and return to Lisah.
- Lisah: Ah thank you! I am finished with the Super-Super Perfume, let me fill the buckets with it.
- Lisah gives you 28 buckets of Super-Super Perfume.
Go to Urluk and use the buckets on Urluk (you only have to click once though).
- Urluk Well, thank you! What was the question you wanted to ask me?
- Player: You are a Camel Warrior right?
- Urluk: Camel Warrior? I haven't fought anything in over fifty human years. I once was a Ugthanatos, a holy priest of the holy camel god and his prophet Akthanakos.
- Player: Why were you a Ugthan... What was it again?
- Urluk: Ugthanatos, but the reason I am no longer one of them is because I was exiled.
- Player: Ugthanos? Ehm, but why where you exiled then?
- Urluk: Well, to know that, you will need to know the story of our culture. We Ugthanatos are holy priests and always took care over the Camels and the Ugthanki.
- Player: Hang on? Ugthankme? What are those?
- Urluk: The Ugthanki are "wild" camels. Camels without master. They also serve the Camel God, but they are nowhere as powerful as us Ugthanatos. They used to live close to our holy island, but that was before it became an island. After the "Black Day of Ugthanatos" they all fled north, and became wild and... well, let's just say a lot less intelligent than they used to be. Such a pity...
- Player: Black Day of the Thanos... um, no, Ugthanos?
- Urluk: I will get there, and I can't believe that you still have no idea that it is Ugthanatos. But alright, where was I. We didn't protect the camels with a master of course, since they weren't in need of that. But protecting the Ugthanki was only one of our tasks. We also had to guard our holy pyramid. One day a man, a dying man came to our tribe. I was the only Ugthanatos with an amulet of humanspeak, so I spoke with him. We took care of the human who was named Jabari. After a while we took him in we even learned him of our ways and we even taught him some of our magical powers.
If you completed Our Man in the North.
- Player: That explains how he knew those illusion tricks when I fought him.
- Urluk: You fought him? Excellent, you've avenged our people!
- Player: I just fought him. I wasn't able to kill him: he fled before I had a chance to.
- Urluk: Hmph, cowards like him always flee. Anyway, let me continue to tell my story.
- Urluk: One night, fifty human years ago Jabari murdered one of our own and he took his staff. Then he used our staff to create an earthquake, or to be accurate, a sandquake. Our holy pyramid was buried in the sand, our land flooded with water and became an island among other things... Let's just say I was exiled that day.
- Player: That's a sad story.
- Urluk: Well it was over fifty human years ago. I eventually found my way into Menaphos and I haven't moved ever since. Ugthanatos don't need food or anything and that's how I survived that long.
- Player: But this is your story, why do the Ugatanos attack people?
- Urluk: Ugthanatos... But well I think it happened because their pyramid is buried and the fact that their home turned into a island doesn't help too.
- Player: So what do you want me to do?
- Urluk: I agree that this must be solved. Do you still have my cape?
- Player: The Palapa Cape? Yes I do have it.
- If you do not have the Palapa Cape equiped
- Urluk: Please put it on and talk with me again.
- Urluk: I also heard of a fake camel mask that humans used to wear, if you somehow manage to obtain that. That might be helpful.
- Player: I might be able to get that somewhere, yes.
- Urluk: You must of course be able to talk with my kin, maybe there is some alternate amulet of humanspeak?
- Player: I actually do have something for that.
- Urluk: And you need to have a Ugthanatos staff. Of course it is hard to get one, so a normal staff along with 100 fire runes along with my illusion spells might to the trick.
- Player: I might be able to get that for you too.
- Urluk: Lastly to finish the spell I will need 100 mind runes, 100 body runes and 5 ugthanki dung... and a lit torch.
- Player: Ok, I come back when I have all these.
- Urluk: Good luck!
Return to Urluk once you have obtained the items. Make sure you equip the equipable items (except the staff if that isn't a camel staff) and nothing else.
- Player: I've completed your shopping list. But what do I need this all for?
- Urluk: You will go... Wait for it... What was I about to say?
- Player: ...
- Urluk: I am sorry, but I am very old even for Ugthanatos years, so it's hard to remember things sometimes. Oh, I remember!
- Urluk: You will go undercover as an Ugthanatos!
- Player: Why can't you go?
- Urluk: I was exiled, remember? Also, I am no longer even close to even smelling like a Ugthanatos, with all this perfume.
- Player: Okay, can we please continue?
- Urluk: First let me enchant the camel mask so it looks more realistic. I shall enchant the staff, too. (Appears only if it's not a Camel Staff)
- Urluk holds the torch uncomfortably close to you.
- Player: Hey! What's that for?
- Urluk: Ugthanatos have the very bad habit of smoking and you will need to smell like them.
- Urluk throws the buckets with Ugthanki dung over you.
- Player: Ewww! Is that also for the smell?
- Urluk: Why else would I throw dung in your face? I am not a monkey. And now the last and most important step.
- Player: More dung?
- Urluk: No, we have had that. The spell itself!
- Urluk weaves his arms and the arms begin to glow.
- Player: I do not feel any Camel-y...
- Urluk: That's because I've enchanted this token. Equip it once you are near the Ugthanki island. I wish you good luck. Also, you shouldn't teleport away now, because the smell might get disrupted when you teleport away. The locals from Menaphos might not like your smell and might even arrest you.
- Player: Couldn't you tell me sooner?!
- Urluk: Sorry! Go I see guards coming!
- Menaphite guard: And stay out until you smell at least a lot better!
Make your way to the Camel Warriors' island. Jump to the island and equip the token on the small island between the mainland and the island.
- Player: Ok... I do feel camel-y now. It feels weird though. Let's not talk with any of these camels until I am more used to this form.
Enter the island, this will now be an instance you aren't able to fight with any camel warrior, instead examine. Walk around the island until a camel warrior appears in front of you.
- Camel Warrior: You!
- Player: Me?
- Camel Warrior: You really think a illusion could fool us? We are the Ugthanakos! Each of us is a master of illusion!
- Player: ...!
- The Camel Warrior weaves with his staff and you return to your human form.
- Player: Come on! I was just getting used to this form.
- Camel Warrior: Leave this island now, or I will have to kill you where you stand.
- Player: You aren't even curious how I could take the form of a Ugthanakos? Hey, I believe I finally managed to pronounce it right!
- Camel Warrior: You humans managed to steal at least one of our staves, so it's likely that you managed to control a little illusional magic.
- Player: Well, I got a little help.
- Camel Warrior: What do you mean? Why do you even want to pretend to be one of us?
- I always wanted to be a camel warrior.
- Camel Warrior: You mean Ugthanakos, I presume? I understand that you want to be one of our noble kin, but you have no right to pretend to be one.
- I wanted to infiltrate your island!
- The Camel Warrior becomes mad.
- You find yourself outside the island with 20% life points remaining.
- I came because I thought something was wrong.
- Camel Warrior: What do you mean? And can you tell how you turned out to be such a illusion?
- Player: That would be Urluk. We-
- Camel Warrior: Urluk? The exiled one? Speak no more!
- Player: No! You still don't know the reason why I am here.
- Camel Warrior: I am no longer interested. Besides, I know that you killed at least one of us. (If you have killed at least one Camel Warrior)
- Camel Warrior: Leave now or I will force you to!
- I always wanted to be a camel warrior.
- Player: Maybe Urluk knows what to do.
Return to Urluk, you can Teleport to the lodestone and walk north or use another way.
- Urluk: And how did it go?
- Player: They almost instantly found out...
- Urluk: That's sad to hear. Maybe we are taking things at the wrong way.
- Player: What do you mean?
- Urluk: Maybe if you can find Akthanakos.
- Player: You mean the Mahjarrat?
- Urluk: Mahjarrat? No, you must mistake him for someone with the same name. I mean the Camel God's prophet.
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do have completed The Curse of Arrav or The Temple at Senntisten and therefore is safe to read, given that you have all of the requirements mentioned above.|
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do have completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat, at least to the point where you have defeated a mahjarrat and therefore might contain spoilers!|
Ali's HelpEditAli the Wise can be found in the small north-western most building in Nardah. Consider using Fairy ring code DLQ and heading south to get into Nardah or use the teleport option from a Desert amulet 2 or higher.
- Player: Hello Ali the Wise. I was wondering, could you help me a bit?
- Ali the Wise: Well maybe I can, since you have helped me in the past too!
- Player: Do you perhaps know the current location of Akthanakos? I really need his help.
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do not completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat yet and therefore is safe to read, given that you have all of the requirements mentioned above.|
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do have completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat it does even have a Koschei's Troubles reference and therefore might contain spoilers!|
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do have completed The World Wakes along with Ritual of the Mahjarrat and therefore might contain spoilers!|
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do have completed Missing, Presumed Death along with Ritual of the Mahjarrat and therefore may contain spoilers!|
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do have completed Children of Mah and therefore may contain spoilers!|
- Ali the Wise: In order to attune it to Akthanakos I will need 100 Elder energies and something personal.
- Ali the Wise: But as Elder energies could be troublesome to obtain for some persons, 250 Luminous energies or 100 Cursed energies might work too.
- The following items count as something personal: The Ugthanatos, camulet, camel mask and camel staff. Give the items to Ali the Wise.
- Ali the Wise: Here, it's finished. I hope it works, but this relic is so old that it might be a little bit defect. I would if you follow the compass be prepared for a fight however. Since you never know who you will encounter.
- Ali the Wise: Also do not tell anyone about the compass, in the wrong hands or even in the right hands it is really dangerous! And perhaps it is wise not to tell anyone about your mission to, especially the Mahjarrat, since that can put Akthanakos in possible danger.
The Temple of DeathEditEnakhra's Temple, enter the temple and go to the bottom floor. There you encounter six Dark wizard level 66, and six Monk of Zamorak. Talk with one of them.
- Monk of Zamorak: What are you doing here in Enakhra's temple?
- Player: Have any of you seen Akthanakos by chance?
- Monk of Zamorak: You dare to speak of his name? Kill him in name of our lady!
The Monks and Wizards will attack you. The Monks will use runescape:Protection prayers and boost the Wizards' stats, while the Wizards attack with Elemental spells and Curse spells. Despite their numbers, they are not really hard to deal with. When all enemies have been slain, Enakhra's voice will be heard.
- Enakhra: I demand you to keep fighting in Zamorak's name!
The fallen enemies will turn into Boneguard (level 126), and several pile of bones will spawn all around the room. The Boneguard has 50,000 lp, yet a low damage output especially if you are using Protect from Melee. The pile of bones only have 1 lp, so they are quickly to dispatch. Yet the Boneguard is able to absorb them, boosting it´s attack with 10% and heal it with 50% of the total damage (if the Boneguard has suffered 10k of damage it will heal 5k). Multitarget attacks can be used to get rid of them quickly. The Boneguard can also convert a pile of bones into another Boneguard, yet it won't be as big or have as much hp as the original Boneguard. Once defeated the Boneguard, Enakhra herself will appear and a cutscene begins to play.
- Enakhra: What are you doing here?
- Player: I could ask you the same, weren't you going to attend the ritual? (Before Ritual of the Mahjarrat)
- Enakhra: I can feel if someone is polluting this unholy temple. Your presence is unwanted! But tell me, and you better tell it quickly if you do not wish me to turn you into a boneguard.
- Player: To be fair... You are not the Mahjarrat I'm looking for. I was looking for Akthanakos. Why do I tell you this?
- Enakhra: Where do you need 'him' for? And why do you think he would be back here? Do you think I am that good in being a bounty hunter? I am almost flattered.
- Player: I do rather not speak about that.
- Enakhra: Tell me the truth!
- Player: I am looking for Akthanakos because of the growing aggression of the Ugthanatos. ...Wait, why did I say that?
- Enakhra: Hahaha! It's so easy to control the weak-willed. The Ugthanatos. I remember them, they were powerful, but unable to hurt me. But why did you think you would find him here?
- Player: I will not tell you that!
- Enakhra: Tell me the truth!
- Player: Aaaargh! *Sigh* I was given this compass by a friend of mine. It has the ability to track any Mahjarrat, but for some reason it led me to you.
- Enakhra: A compass like that can be handy, give it to me.
- Player: No, I refuse!
- Enakhra: It seems like my control is weakening. But what do you want to do? Here in my temple my strength is beyond you and my powers have increased lately.
- Player: I challenge you!
- Enakhra: To a fight? How very cute.
- Wahisietel: Leave him alone, Enakhra!
- Enakhra: It seems like you will be my new boneguard, I prefer Akthanakos but you will do too.
- Wahisietel: I will bring you to safety.
- Wahisietel teleports the player out.
- Enakhra: Saving that human? Why would you do that?
- Wahisietel: I have nothing to say to you, Enakhra. Goodbye.
- Wahisietel teleports away.
You will find yourself directly out of the temple but your savior won't be there.
- Player: Why did it lead to Enakhra?
- The Compass begins to move.
- Player: What if Akthanakos actually was there? Or what if the compass is broken? I should see Ali the Wise and ask if he knows what is wrong.
Meeting the prophetEdit
Return to Ali the Wise in Nardah and talk with him.
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do have completed The Curse of Arrav or The Temple at Senntisten yet and therefore is safe to read, given that you have all of the requirements mentioned above.|
|This quest dialogue is aimed for players that do have completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat, at least to the point where you have defeated a Mahjarrat and and therefore might contain spoilers!|
- Player: Akthanakos, I was just looking for you.
- Akthanakos: Did you? Why where you looking for me?
- Player: Well, you created the Camel Warriors, or the Ugthanatos as they call themselves.
- Akthanakos: Yes, they are my best creations so far, even though they were unable to deal with Enakhra, they still have shown their value to the other camels the desert.
- Player: Currently they did abandon their task, it appears that they well attack outsiders without a reason.
- Akthanakos: What? Thank you for informing me. I shall look what's wrong immediately.
- Akthanakos teleports away.
- Player: There was more I wanted to tell you...
- Player: I better look if everything is going alright there. But first let's destroy this compass to prevent it from falling in the wrong hands.
- You destroy the compass and bury it in the sand.
Make your way back to the Camel Warriors island. It is recommended to take combat items with you. When you get there Akthanakos teleports in front of you.
- Akthanakos: Thank you for informing me of the current situation.
- Player: It looks like you are worried.
- Akthanakos: I cannot deny that I am. I was the one that created the Ugthanatos and thus they are my responsibility. Not only have they indeed abandoned their task, they also appear to be somehow corrupted, by a force I don't recognize.
- Player: Corrupted? What do you mean?
- Akthanakos: I sense that there is an dark, evil force somewhere near the island, that corrupts anything.
- Player: I once been in a dark underground cavern, below Sophanem, I noticed creatures who were in a horrible corrupted condition. Could it be that that dungeon is somehow affecting this island?
- Akthanakos: Perhaps, that is a interesting theory. Do you know what form the corruption take?
- Player: What do you mean?
- Akthanakos: Well how did it look like?
- The victim is wrapped in stands of sticky corrupted tar, dripping on the floor.
- The victim is surrounded by rotting chains of corruption that emerge from the floor.
- The victim's soul is burning and cracking the skin of the host. (right answer)
- The victim is surrounded by whips of floating hieroglyphs that steals their life force.
- Akthanakos: That's no corruption I am familiar with... I am afraid to say that I will have to capture a Ugthanatos and see if I can find the corruption.
- Player: Can I help?
- Akthanakos: Well yes, you can fight a Ugthanatos while I weaken and inspect it with my magic. It will be unable to create any kind of illusion with its magical powers.
- Player: That's great!
- Akthanakos: However since it was my magic that brought them from the spirit realm they will be slightly stronger.
- Player: Because you weakened them they become stronger?
- Akthanakos: Yes, but it is necessary for our task.
- Akthanakos: Are you ready to fight one?
- Yes, let's go!
- Akthanakos: Alright, I shall lure a Ugthanatos with my magic.
- No, I am not yet ready.
- Akthanakos: I understand, return to me when you are.
- Yes, let's go!
Akthanakos summons a illusional Camel head and a level 132 Camel Warrior appears.
The Camel Warrior is slightly different then a normal Camel Warrior, it does not summon mirages to aid, though it has 30,000 LP, it also has the sandstorm attack and it will use that more often than a standard camel warrior, its offensive hits and accuracy do not appear to be really different. Due to its sandstorm attack, ranged or magic are favored over melee since these are more mobile. Once defeated the Camel Warrior will fall on the floor.
- Akthanakos: Can you help me inspecting it? Since the Ugthanatos is originally from the spirit realm, its soul is trying to return there.
- Player: Why didn't you tell me this sooner?
- Akthanakos: I didn't know that that would happen. If the Ugthanatos begins to fade, search for spiritual energy and direct it back to it.
- Player: How does the spiritual energy look like?
- Akthanakos: It looks like normal divine energy, which I am sure you are familiar with.
The camel will get a Timer Bar above it. Around the Camel several Spiritual energies appear, click on one to send it back to the camel so the timer bar won't run out. If one of the energies becomes enriched, it will go double as fast. If the timer above the Camel runs out you will have to fight another Camel Warrior (though this one will only have 20,000 LP). Higher Divination and Summoning will help. After a while Akthanakos will be finished.
- Akthanakos: Thank you for your help.
- Camel Warrior: What happened?
- Camel Warrior: ...
- Camel Warrior: Urgh!
- Player: What is happening?
- Akthanakos: The corruption appears to be returning.
- The Camel Warrior turns into a Corrupt Camel Warrior
- Akthanakos: What is this abomination?!
- Akthanakos unleashes a powerful spell, incinerating the corrupted creature.
- Akthanakos: I am sorry you had to see that.
- Player: So... What do we do about this?
- Akthanakos gives you four mysterious totems
- Akthanakos: These are totems of blocking that can disrupt magic. They are very dangerous once activated.
- Player: What do you want me to do with these?
- Akthanakos: Activate them and place them around this island to ward the corruption.
- Player: Where do I have to place them exactly? And how do I activate them?
- Akthanakos: Place them at the south-western coast, and make sure there isn't a obstacle near them. Then I will use my magic to activate them.
- Player: Ok, so all I have to do is place them here?
- Akthanakos: I am not sure, but we shall see.
- Akthanakos: Let's see if this works.
- Akthanakos unleashes a spell, activating the totems.
- Akthanakos: It looks like the barrier will hold.
- Player: So, what do we do now?
- Akthanakos: I've tried to teleport to the sunken pyramid but it somehow is protected from my magic. Which is curious as a Mahjarrat usually doesn't have any teleportation limitations. Maybe you can unearth the pyramid so we can enter?
- Player: By myself? I fear that is to much work.
- Akthanakos: You are right. Maybe you can get workers from the city of Sophanem? I would say Menaphos but I figured that would be diplomatically impossible.
- Player: I suppose I can ask the high priest for workers.
- Akthanakos: Alright, in the main-time I am going to speak with the Ugthanatos, see if I can bring them to return to their sacred duties.
The High Priest's FavorEditHigh Priest.
- High Priest: Good day, [Player].
- Player: Greetings, cleric.
- High Priest: How can I help you?
- Pick the option Have you noticed any strange behavior about the Ugthanatos?
- High Priest: Yes, and I'm not too happy with that, they began attacking our guards at the eastern gates for no reason at all. What monster would attack hard working guards like that?
- Player: ... Yeah, what monster does that...
- High Priest: But why do you ask?
- Player: What if I told you that I'm working the find a solution to the problem?
- High Priest: Then I would be really glad, our city is already plagued by so much.
- Player: I would need your help though.
- High Priest: How can I help you? I can pray for you to Tumeken?
- Player: No, it's nothing like that. I think the reason for their behavior is because their pyramid is buried in the sand.
- High Priest: I can see how that can be a problem for them.
- Player: I need workers to help me unearth... or actually unsand... the pyramid.
- High Priest: I cannot help you with that, I did try to buy a good dig equipment from someone earlier but all of it is broken, as the quality was ridiculously low and the city does not have money to renew it.
- Player: From who did buy that then?
- High Priest: I bought it from Ali Morrisane.
- Player: Ali Morrisane is a scammer! He once send a handful of miners to loot a pyramid with the worst equipment possible.
- High Priest: What do you mean by a scammer?
- Player: That's someone who scams people: for example, they tell people that they trim your armour for free, but then they end up stealing your armour.
- High Priest: I get it. Can you go to Ali Morrisane with these 10 Miner equipment bags and ask us to give us some decent material?
- Player: Another favour? Sure I guess so...
- High Priest: Good luck [Player]!
- Ali Morrisane: Hello [Player]. How's the adventuring going?
- Pick the option talk about Camel's Calamity.
- Player: Ali, you sold this indecent miner kits to Sophanem...
- Ali Morrisane: How dare you? You suggest that I scammed the people of Sophanem?!
- Player: Yes, but...
- Ali Morrisane: As you may know, I'm actually trying to open business there!
- Player: Yes, but...
- Ali Morrisane: And you suggest that I endanger my good name to scam these people?!
- Player: Yes, but...
- Ali Morrisane: Maybe it's their fault that they overused my equipment!
- Player: That would...
- Ali Morrisane: As you see the bags are high quality, the inside however is broken!
- Player: Yes, but...
- Ali Morrisane: Maybe you can refresh the equipment within as it's not my fault the people from Sophanem are so messy with their equipment!
- Player: Wait, what?
- Ali Morrisane: Alright, we got ourselves a deal! As it's 10 equipment bags, you should get some nice quality pickaxes, spades, a full set of desert clothes and 3 full waterskins per kit.
- Player: What, why?
- Ali Morrisane: Thank you for agreeing with this, now if you don't mind me, I got business to do.
- Player: ... I feel like I've just been scammed...
You will need 10 spades and bronze pickaxes or higher. Please note that the tier of the equipment makes the upcoming part easier but you can give better pickaxes later if it's too hard. For the other items you can just go too Shantay Pass Shop and buy it all for 1,900 coins. Use all the items on the bag's (it does not accept noted items) and return to the high priest.
- High Priest: Good day, [Player].
- Player: Greetings, cleric.
- High Priest: How can I help you?
- Pick the option I got your miners equipment
- High Priest: That's wonderful! I will send my best miners to help you!
- Player: Alright!
- High Priest: Good luck [Player]. May Icthlarin be with you!
Digging out the PyramidEditReturn to the Camel warriors Island and talk with Akthanakos who is just before the entrance.
- Akthanakos: It appears that my Ugthanatos are too corrupted to talk with. It's horrible to see my creatures having fallen like that...
- Player: I'm sorry to hear that.
- Akthanakos: To save them from becoming a abomination like that... That thing you saw before I returned them to the spirit realm so the island is now abandoned.
- Player: Well, then they won't hinder us during the digging.
- Akthanakos: Every cloud has a sliver lining, I suppose.
- Player: So can we begin?
- Akthanakos: Yes. But [Player], it may not be safe here. I did indeed send the Akthanakos away, but do not expect this operation to go without any problems. Ensure you are equipped for a fight in case one happens.
- If you are not ready for a fight get yourself ready.
- Player: Yes, now we must wait for the miners.
- Someone: So there you are Akthanakos, I knew following your little helper would work out to find you!
- Akthanakos: Show yourself!
- Someone: It's rude to interrupt me like that I was not finished.
- Akthanakos: So then continue...
- Someone: Yeah you took away the scene didn't you...
- Akthanakos: ... Let's begin from the start...
- Someone: So there you are Akthanakos, I knew following your little helper would work out to find you! You got away before I found you earlier but now you are back at such a obvious place I can finally...
- Akthanakos: Turn me in a boneguard, I assume?
- Enakhra: Blast! How did you figure it out?
- Player: Enakhra!
- Akthanakos: [Player], for your own safety, keep out of this conversation.
- Enakhra: So your little pet is still in training? [Player], you shouldn't be hold at a leash, Akthanakos send his camel warriors away, that was your task right? To ensure the Camel warriors aren't harass anyone? You succeeded so why continue?
- Player: ...
- Akthanakos: [Player]...
- Enakhra: What's happening? I sense something...
- Akthanakos: The corruption is growing stronger!
- Enakhra: You try to trick me? Try to scare me? Hah! I won't be fooled so easily!
- Akthanakos: Player, if you are still with me I will hold her off, I see the work crew approaching ensure that they can dig into the pyramid.
- Player: Yes, I will.
- Akthanakos: Thank you for staying by my side.
- Say nothing.
- You are welcome.
- I'm not helping you, this corruption is threatening all of Sophanem.
- Akthanakos: Well at least we got a common goal then.
- Akthanakos: Keep the workers safe!
The 10 miners will appear, Enakhra and Akthanakos will be fighting and 6 dark wizards level 66 will spawn. You must ensure that the miners (who will walk) get to the pyramid safely as sometimes a spell is being shot at a miner, you can block it by standing in front of the miner (you will get up to 4,000 damage). A miner would be instantly killed and if all miners are dead, you will have to start over. The Dark Wizards, however, will target you. The more miners you safe, the quicker the next part will go, once they reached the pyramid they will start digging and Enakhra will turn any killed miner into a level 126 Boneguard (so if 9 miners were killed you will have to fight 9 Boneguards). If you did a excellent job and less then 3 are killed Enakhra will kill up to 3 miners.
- Akthanakos: How can you create Boneguards outside your temple?!
- Enakhra: Are you scared? How cute, I have grown in power beyond your worst nightmares!
The Boneguards will try to kill any surviving miners and they can kill a miner very quickly, but not instantly. Ensure you also block any deflected spells as every miner killed will be turned into a Boneguard. The miners will be digging inside the sand with a progress bar, the more miners, the faster it goes. If you got nothing to do you too can help (using the Spade and Pickaxe in your tool belt or inventory). Once the timer ran out a cutscene will play.
One miner will happily cheering come up and Enakhra kills him with a blast. The player evades the new boneguard and runs to the hole. There the player will find a door. Enakhra shoots a blast to the player but accidentally kills the boneguard with her own blast. Then she focuses on Akthanakos again.
- Enakhra: Then I will turn you into a boneguard again!
- Akthanakos: Enough! Let's see how you deal with my Camel Warriors now they are actually trained.
- Enakhra: Hah! I will destroy them in no less time then previous time!
The player tries to open the door and 7 Camel Warriors will appear. Then a small line of green light will appear trough the door and the camel warriors will turn into Corrupt Camel warriors level 130.
- Akthanakos: No! Stop corrupting my Ugthanatos, Enakhra!
- Enakhra: I would not even come close to your camel... things! How dare you to accuse me of that!
Enakhra and Akthanakos will both fight off 3 Corrupted Camel warriors each, you must kill the last one. The corrupted camel warrior like any other Corrupted Creature does give Corruption stacks with 5 at a time so a Feather of Ma'at is useful to cleanse the stacks. The Corrupted Camel Warrior does create illusions much like the normal Camel Warrior but unlike small miniature versions it will summon other Corrupted Camel Warriors with less hp, they will also do the sandstorm attack so be careful! They will also send ancient magic spells to the player, much like mirages, smoke lowers accuracy by 5%, Shadow lowers damage by 5%, Blood heals the caster and Ice binds for 10 seconds. Once you are done help either Enakhra or Akthanakos with killing their opponents.
- Akthanakos: Good job [Player].
- Player: Yes, let's not summon Camel Warriors again. Please.
- Akthanakos: This treat must be stopped. Enakhra... You must...
- Enakhra: You must do what?
- Akthanakos: You must...
- Enakhra: You are testing my patience!
- Akthanakos: Help us ending this treat.
- Enakhra: Why would I do that?
- Akthanakos: Because whatever corrupts them it infects humans too.
a Corrupted worker runs to Enakhra, she quickly burns it.
- Enakhra: This is your problem, not mine!
- Akthanakos: So you going to walk away from problems? Just like that day back on Freneskae?
- Enakhra: You sworn you would never speak about that!
- Akthanakos: Fine, [Player] and I don't need your help.
- Enakhra: Hah! I will just follow you two to see you fail and die.
Akthanakos and the player walk to the door.
- Akthanakos: [Player], you must open the door, it's sealed with a puzzle, normally I would open it but I do not wish to turn my back on her for to long.
- Enakhra: Hmph.
The Corrupted PyramidEdit
The puzzle is very similar to a Puzzle encountered in Treasure Trails, however this time the empty space is in the upper left corner instead of the down right corner. Once the puzzle is solved, you will see a camel head like you also see around the door. Use the camel head on the one place where you do not find a camel head and the door will open.
- Player: I opened the door.
- Akthanakos: I can almost feel the corruption, ensure you be ready for... whatever it is that's within the pyramid, it may be very dangerous.
If you are not prepared for a fight, go to a bank and ensure you are. Then once you are ready click on Enter. You will come in a large pyramid, with golden camel statues, sarcophagus shaped for a camel, various urns, and mummified camels.
- Akthanakos: ... Nothing here?
- Player: I do hear something...
- Akthanakos: Really? I see nothing in front of us...
- Enakhra: It's coming from behind.
- Urluk: How dare you to invade our holy temple!
- Akthanakos: Urluk? I thought I brought Ugthanatos to safety?
- Urluk: Wait you are Akthanakos, the holy prophet, you came to us to help us through this dark times!
- Akthanakos tries to send Urluk away, but it didn't work.
- Urluk: ...
- Akthanakos: Urluk you must leave, it's not safe in here, you will be corrupted like the others. You will become a abomination.
- Urluk: I won't turn my back on the Ugthanatos anymore. As there is no one of my kin left to protect the temple... *gasp* The temple, it's no longer buried in sand!
- Player: I thought you knew that already? Why else would you come here?
- Urluk: I guess it was my instinct that warned me about humans entering the temple. I even forgot that I was exiled.
- Enakhra: Very interesting and all but don't you two have a job to do?
- Urluk: Make it three!
- Akthanakos: Wait, I feel a dark presence within the South-West corner!
Go to the south-western corner, but be careful for wall spike traps and floor traps! Once you are there a cutscene will start to play, various Corrupted creatures (including camel warriors) will come out of a hole. Urluk will summon 3 mirages and the two parties begin to fight. You can hit the slayer monsters even if you Slayer level is below level 88, but if you do not meet the requirements to kill a corrupted creature your damage will be halved. At the top of the screen there will be at timer, once the timer runs out the corrupted creatures will stop spawning.
- Akthanakos: Well done [Player], you fought like a true warrior.
- Player: Thank you.
- Enakhra: Yes, for your human standards, it was not bad. Too bad those standards are so low.
- Akthanakos: It's time to go down this tunnel and see where it leads, but it does no doubt bring us to the cavern you mentioned earlier.
- Urluk: *gasp* The horror!
- Akthanakos: Oh, this is a painful sight to behold, my Ugthanatos that became such monsters.
- Enakhra: ...
- Player: There are too many to deal with now, I do have a idea.
- Enakhra: You have a idea? Entertain me.
- Player: What if we close of the tunnel by destroying it?
- Akthanakos: That might work but I doubt it will fully prevent the corruption to spread to the Pyramid.
- Player: Maybe those anti-magic totems may work?
- Enakhra: Anti-magic totems? What?
- Akthanakos: That's brilliant [Player]! Lets return to the pyramid.
Once you return a cutscene plays, both Akthanakos and Enakhra blow up the tunnel.
- Enakhra: I am done here. Akthanakos, if you ever speak of what happened here you will suffer a fate worse then becoming a boneguard!
- Akthanakos: Understood.
- Enakhra teleports away.
- Akthanakos: Thank you...
- Urluk: So what now?
- Akthanakos: We will do [Player]'s plan, Urluk go out of this room from now on it's a forbidden room as the anti magic devices here can disrupt your presence.
- Urluk: Alright, I will see you outside of the pyramid.
- Akthanakos: Could you place them? As much as I would like to do it to not give you another burden, I cannot touch them after they activate.
- Akthanakos gives you six magic disrupting totems
- Player: Alright, where do I need to place them?
- Akthanakos: I would like two totems at the former tunnel entrance, and then places one in each corner of the room.
- Player: Isn't that a bit too much?
- Akthanakos: You never cannot be too sure, [Player]. Meet me outside of the pyramid.
Place the totems at the places that Akthanakos mentioned. If you happened to forgot you can always ask Akthanakos directly outside the pyramid for a funny dialogue, or you can simply read back.
Go to Akthanakos and Urluk outside the pyramid and talk with them.
- Akthanakos: You did a great job [Player]!
- Urluk: May the camel god bless you!
- Akthanakos: Urluk, for your deeds I will remove your exile, you are free to return to Pyramid.
- Urluk: Thank you so much!
- Akthanakos: [Player], I think it's time to reward you for all your effort. I will begin allowing you to slay the corrupted Ugthanatos, I'm sure you find that amusing. Also I will bless your Camulet so it can teleport you to the holy island of the Ugthanatos and to the location where you found me earlier.
- Player: Now you mention it why where you there?
- Akthanakos: I was watching over the Ugthanki and trying to find a way to calm them. After I was captured by Enakhra, they became ruthless due to my absence.
- Player: Can I help you with that?
- Akthanakos: You do not need to my friend, you've done enough.
- Urluk: I want to give you a thing or two too!
- Akthanakos: I was not exactly finished with my reward for [Player] but go ahead Urluk.
- Urluk: Well you are in the possession of a Camel mask, if you wish I can enchant, and possibly decant it so you look like a camel or even a camel warrior!
- Player: Wow that's awesome!
- Urluk: I will also give you my own Palapa Cape, you will find it useful against your enemies in combat, it also has a special effect that at times a illusion copy of you will appear that will distract your opponent.
- Player: Thank you!
- Urluk: Last but not least I will upgrade your camel staff, if you ever have one, so it's special effect will be stronger and it degrades less quickly.
- Akthanakos: I will also bless your strength against Camel Warriors.
- Player: Why would you do that? They are your precious creation right?
- Akthanakos: Don't worry, if you manage to defeat one of them they return to the spirit plane they came from and then I will simply summon them again.
- Akthanakos: Within the pyramid you will also find the more elite camel warriors, who you will find more rewarding.
- Akthanakos: Last but not least, I will give you these ancient lamps which I'm sure you will enjoy, they are forged by the very Camel god himself!
- Player: Thank you!
Congratulations, quest complete!
- Someone: It seems like our master's plan to curse the Ugthanatos has failed.
- Jabari: Yes, too bad a connection with the Spirit World would be most useful. Yet we managed to recruit more then enough corrupted Ugthanatos for his plans.
- Someone: Yes, he also told me that it won't be long before he will return.
- Jabari: Really Oreb? Then it's time to do something about the adventurer.
- Oreb: Don't worry Jabari, I will deal with that problem soon enough. You should ensure that our master's return won't be intervened.
- Jabari: Yes my lord, once he returns on this world, the golden city of Menaphos, will be no more.
- 3 quest points
- 50,000 experience Lamp
- 50,000 experience Lamp
- 20,000 experience Lamp
- 20,000 experience Lamp
- 10,000 experience Lamp
- 10,000 experience Lamp
- Access to Corrupted Camel Warrior's in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.
- Access to the Ugthanatos Pyramid where you can fight Elite Camel Warrior's and with 71 thieving can loot the Urns and Sarcophagus which contain the same rewards and exp equal to tier 61 as in normal Pyramid plunder but no 5 minute timer.
- A Camulet upgrade which will allow you to teleport to the Ugthanatos Pyramid and you do no longer need to charge it with Ugthanki dung.
- Urluk will be willing to enchant your Camel mask so you can look like a Camel, a Ugthanki or a Camel Warrior.
- You will get a real Palapa Cape, with combat stats and a special effect that sometimes summons a illusion that distract your opponent (does not work in PVP).
- Urluk can now upgrade your Camel staff so it's special effect will hit more and it degrades less quickly.
- You will have improved attack strength against Camel Warriors.
- After the quest and Ritual of the Mahjarrat you can inspect the large statue of Akthanakos, the holy prophet that is located within the center of the pyramid, to obtain a Tiny Akthanakos pet. (hidden reward)
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
- Wahisietel the savior
- Akthanakos vs Enakhra
Post QuestEditKhoochak the Parrot in the Al Kharid palace to retell the adventure.
- Khoochak: *braaak* Hello, friend. *raaawwwwk*
- Khoochak: *braaak* Forgot an adventure? Ask the parrot. *raaawwwwk*
- Mention a desert adventure to Khoochak?
- Camel Calamity
- Khoochak: *braaak*
- Khoochak: Camel warriors angry, you infiltrate!
- Khoochak: You search the prophet but you find another!
- Khoochak: Enakhra! Wahisietel! Akthanakos!
- Khoochak: You let people dig the pyramid!
- Khoochak: You are revealed the dark secrets within!
- Khoochak: Camel warriors no longer angry!
- Khoochak: *raaawwwwk*
- Camel Calamity
- Mention a desert adventure to Khoochak?
- Upon completion of the quest, the RuneMetric's event log states "I managed to reunite Urluk with the Ugthanatos while also returned them to their sacred duties!"
- The items needed to make the compass used to be only 100 Elder energies but after the ironman Iron-Axon told that it could be a problem for Ironmen as that would require 75 and Fate of the Gods and couldn't be created from Cursed energy either, the alternative of 250 Luminous energies or 100 Cursed energies were added.
- When telling Juna about the quest you say "...and then I placed the totems to prevent the Ugthanatos from becoming further corrupted, I wasn't able to do something the horde within the dungeon however." to which Juna replies "You cannot do everything by yourself, sometimes corruption has spread to deep and can never be fully purified... You shouldn't feel guilty and instead look at what you accomplished. You've pushed the balance within the desert a step further in the right direction."