|XP per kill||9,968 (and 3,289.4 experience)|
|Always drops||Ancient dragon bones|
|Examine text||A powerful dragon loyal to Sliske.|
|Expected profit per kill|
|Slayer XP||5,000 (6,100 experience with Dragon slayer gloves (e))|
The Barrows dragon is an extremely dangerous and strong monster to fight and shares the position of strongest metal dragon with the Crystal dragon. It is advised to only take what you know you are most likely going to lose if attempting to fight the dragon. This dragon is even able to break down Dragonfire shields. With each hit, the charges of the dragonfire shield is decreased by 1. After it has reached 0 charges, it will break after the next hit (the draconic visage will appear in your inventory with an anti-dragon shield left on your hand). Due to this, it is advised to bring two, or even three fully charged Dragonfire shields each trip, and repairing them after the fight. Unlike other metal dragons, this dragon will run towards you and stunning you for 5 seconds if you are a distance away from it. So no matter what, you'll have to tank it's melee hits, which can hit as high as 2,300.
You need a Dragonfire shield to resist the dragons long ranged dragon breath attacks. A normal anti-dragon shield will not work. Alternatively, you could use a Supreme dragonfire shield to protect against the Barrows dragons as it does not lose charges like the Dragonfire shield, but it is very expensive.
The dragon can hit very high damage and it has incredibly high accuracy, so any armor with high level melee and range is a must, since the dragon rarely attacks with its magic attack and because its melee and ranged attacks are much stronger. However, the dragon doesn't have much lp and its defence is very low. Players should be able to hit constantly with a chaotic weapon (or better). The Crystal dragon is on the other hand, the complete opposite, as it has lower accuracy and damage, but its defence and hp are very high.
- At the very end of the Slayerdungeon of Prifddinas (player may not always encounter a Barrows dragon at the end of the dungeon but might instead encounter the Crystal dragon).
- Radiver's Dungeon (level 72 Slayer required) (again player may not always encounter a Barrows dragon at the end of the dungeon but might instead encounter a variety of other dragons).
While fighting the dragon, you would have to fight through 6 different phases.
The Blighted phase
In this phase, each of the dragons attacks will have a 20% chance of lowering the players strength down by 5 levels, so bringing an overload or super overload, will make this phase easier to get through. Players who do not have the Herblore level to make these will just have to bring a lot of super restores.
The Wretched phase
In this phase, the dragons attacks slow down to an attack speed of 3 (which is half as fast as it usually attacks), but its attacks become incredibly powerful, whereby its melees maximum damage rises to 4,000, ranged maximum rises to 3,500 but its magic attack remains the same. On the bright side, the dragons defence lowers, so the players main motive is to kill the dragon through this phase as fast as they can.
The Infested phase
In this phase, each of the dragons attacks will have a 20% to regenerate half the damage it dealt to the player.
The Tainted phase
Similar to the blighted phase, the dragon will have a 20% chance to lower one of the players stats, this time being the players magic stat. So again an overload or Super overload will help counter this.
The Corrupted phase
The Defiled phase
The dragon starts hitting through the players armor, meaning that even with very good gear, the dragon will be constantly be hitting 2000 damage on the player. After killing the dragon in this last phase, it collapses to the ground and its drops appear.
- Ranged Weapons
- Melee Weapons
- Summoning (mounts cannot be used while familiar is out)
- Mounts (familiars cannot be summoned riding a mount)
- Swiftwind Legend or better
- Sanfew serum
- Overload potions
- Super antifire
- Teleport to house tablet (or any one-click teleport)
- Food: Dolphins or above
- Super restore / Extreme restore potions
- Super prayer potions
- Adrenaline potions
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Ancient dragon bones 1 Always Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Rune 2h sword 1 Common 37,740 Ahrim's staff 1 Uncommon 334,817 Ahrim's wand 1 Uncommon 4,554,462 Ahrim's book of magic 1 Uncommon 10,178,243 Dharok's greataxe 1 Uncommon 535,846 Torag's hammer 1 Uncommon 166,103 Verac's flail 1 Uncommon 217,034 Guthan's warspear 1 Uncommon 1,345,611 Karil's crossbow 1 Uncommon 509,762 Karil's pistol crossbow 1 Uncommon 3,868,357 Karil's off-hand pistol crossbow 1 Uncommon 752,387 Dragon 2h sword 1 Uncommon 133,241 Dragon warhammer 1 Uncommon 156,484 Dragon battleaxe 1 Uncommon 124,681 Dragon hatchet 1 Rare 4,472,889 Dragon pickaxe 1 Rare 15,902,684 Dragon claw 1 Rare 212,784 Off-hand dragon claw 1 Rare 848,254
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Dragon slayer gloves (e) 1 Rare Not sold Ahrim's hood 1 Uncommon 399,652 Ahrim's robe top 1 Uncommon 697,104 Ahrim's robe skirt 1 Uncommon 708,198 Dharok's helm 1 Uncommon 310,405 Dharok's platebody 1 Uncommon 293,331 Dharok's platelegs 1 Uncommon 338,906 Guthan's helm 1 Uncommon 475,407 Guthan's platebody 1 Uncommon 462,264 Guthan's chainskirt 1 Uncommon 525,205 Karil's coif 1 Uncommon 552,533 Karil's top 1 Uncommon 466,083 Karil's skirt 1 Uncommon 541,846 Torag's helm 1 Uncommon 187,883 Torag's platebody 1 Uncommon 271,248 Torag's platelegs 1 Uncommon 303,838 Verac's helm 1 Uncommon 246,039 Verac's brassard 1 Uncommon 299,674 Verac's plateskirt 1 Uncommon 290,662 Dragon full helm 1 Rare 6,235,268 Dragon platebody 1 Rare 1,790,999 Dragon plateskirt 1 Uncommon 162,403 Dragon platelegs 1 Uncommon 161,739 Barrows defender 1 Uncommon Not sold Barrows spinyhelm 1 Uncommon Not sold Ancient platebody 1 Very rare 50,000,000 Ancient platelegs 1 Very rare 35,000,000 Ancient helm 1 Very rare 70,000,000 Ancient kiteshield 1 Very rare 60,000,000
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bolt rack 150–300 Common 112,350–224,700 Dragon javelin 20–40 Common 17,000–34,000 Dragon arrow 45–70 Uncommon 10,800–16,800 Onyx bolts (e) 10–27 Uncommon 84,630–228,501 Oceanstone bolts (e) 20–37 Rare Not sold
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Dragon limbs 1 Rare 10,712,046 Coins 5,000–20,000 Common 5,000–20,000 Water talisman 1–6 (noted) Common 11,445–68,670 Rune bar 6–12 (noted) Common 77,742–155,484 Shark 8–20 Common 12,008–30,020 Rocktail 6–16 Uncommon 15,534–41,424 Starved ancient effigy 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Uncommon Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare Not sold Shield left half 1 Rare 64,793 Draconic visage 1 Rare 1,290,684 Supreme draconic visage 1 Very rare 32,000,000 Uncut onyx 1–2 Rare 1,136,092–2,272,184
Charm drop percentages
Always 11 dropped at a time
- Between the release of the Crystal dragon and the Barrows dragon, many people thought that the Crystal dragon is in fact the Barrows dragon (because Jagex said, there will be a new metal dragon, stronger then the dragonite dragon). At the Barrows dragon release, Jagex noted, that the Crystal dragon is only half-metal.
- Three days after release, there was a bug, allowing you to have your dragonfire shield charges getting into the negative numbers, making it much easier to kill it. This bug has now been fixed.
- The barrows dragon is known to drop dragon weapons more often then dragon armour, making it the counterpart of the crystal dragon (as it drops dragon armour more often the dragon weapons).
- If you're lucky, it is possible to kill this dragon with just one dragonfire shield. This happens if the dragon is using it's dragon breath attack often enough to charge your shield.
- Defeating the Barrows dragon is as hard as defeating the Crystal dragon. Other then the Crystal dragon, it requires more money to kill, and the crystal dragon requires higher skills and quests.
- A barrows defender can only be received as a drop from the dragon, but it will only drop if a Dragon defender is in the players inventory.
|Room 1 - Light of Birth|
|Room 2 - Essence of the Earth|
|Room 3 - Fire of Fury|
|Room 4 - Hall of the Demons|
|Room 6 - Dark Room|
|Room 7 - Magic Bones|
|Room 8 - Symphonies of Metal and Fire|
|Room 9 - Final Room||
Crystal dragon • Barrows dragon
Frost dragon • Lava dragon (Two-headed • Three-headed) • Celestial dragon • Revenant dragon • Wyvern (Skeletal • Caved • Living Rock • Terra) • Anagami • Arhat • Spiked dragon (Hatchling • Baby) • Forged dragon • Draconic dragon • Inugtalik dragon • Inferno dragon • Abyssal dragon • Tormented dragon • Void dragon